8.30am - 6.00pm
8.30am - 6.00pm
Car park 23
Mussel Pool East
Welcome to Pia’s Place, a space of fun, laughter, learning and discovery, where everyone can play together.
Whiteman Park’s newest attraction has been designed to allow ALL children to explore and play in an inspirational nature-based inclusive play space.
It starts with amenities accessible to all: from the tram stop and ACROD parking bays at the entrance to the barbeques, drinking fountains and pathways inside. The area also includes a world class Changing Place’s® facility.
Pia’s Place then unfolds to reveal an exciting place of discovery where there is something for everyone. Our facilities include:
Opportunities abound for calculated risk and physical challenge for all levels of ability throughout the playspace, making it a place of excitement for both the young and young at heart.
All of these features are well connected by journey pathways that link people of all types of abilities together for play in the beautiful natural setting of the Mussel Pool East picnic area.
Pia’s Place was developed with the support of the Touched by Olivia Livvi’s Place National Network of inclusive play spaces and the Lions Club of Noranda.
In the interest of Health & Safety, patrons are asked to observe the following conditions when using Pia’s Place:
• Entry and use of this facility is entirely at users own risk.
• Adult supervision is required at all times.
• Assistance dogs are welcome, but otherwise, this is a dog-free zone.
• Please take your rubbish home with you, or place in one of the nearby bins as there are no bins within the play space.
• The birds don’t need feeding, thank you.
• Report damaged equipment to the Visitor Information Centre.
• Report accidents and emergencies to (08) 9209 6000.
The following items are not permitted within the playspace:
• Alcohol / glass
• Animals (with the exception of assistance dogs)
• Bikes or scooters
• Pop-up/temporary marquees or shelters