Sat, Sun + school holidays**
11am to 3pm (minimum times)
Closed Christmas Day
Village Junction Station
Mussel Pool Station
Adults $10.00; Seniors $8.00
Children (4-14yrs) $5.00
08 9534 3215
All aboard at Bennett Brook Railway as you take a scenic vintage train ride through Whiteman Park’s protected banksia woodlands.
The Bennett Brook Railway operates steam and diesel trains over six kilometres of 610mm narrow gauge track, providing a unique railway experience through the bushland of Whiteman Park.
While helping the organisation to preserve Western Australian railway heritage, visitors may be lucky enough to spot some of the Park's resident Western grey kangaroos and other native species.
On weekends and public holidays, services are half hourly from the Village Junction Station and hourly from Mussel Pool.
During the week, you can enjoy a scenic trip around the bushland loop, departing from the Village Junction Station on the hour on their operating days.
For more information, visit their website at www.bbr.org.au
Train Service information
- Train services do not normally operate from Mussel Pool on school holidays or on weekdays
- Footwear must be worn at all times on Train Rides.
- Steam operations are restricted to the Winter months of June through to August.
- Train rides do not operate on higher fire danger days (Lower West Coast district FFDI of 40+) or during a Total Fire Ban or Harvest Vehicle Movement Ban. Please call us on 9209 6000 on the day of your visit if you wish to check whether they are operating or not.
|Wednesday and Thursday||11.00am to 1.00pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||11.00am to 4.00pm|
|public holidays||11.00am to 4.00pm|
|school holidays||11.00am to 3.00pm (weekdays only)|
**PLEASE NOTE. Whiteman Park reserves the right to alter attraction details without notice. The train rides will not operate on higher fire danger days (Lower West Coast district FFDI of 40+) or during a Total Fire Ban or Harvest, Vehicle Movement Ban. Please call us on 9209 6000 on the day of your visit if you wish to check whether they are operating or not.
All Day Ticket prices
(4 -14 years)
- under 4 years
|Family (2A + 2C)||$26.00|
|Person with Disability^||$8.00|
^Carers ride free with the Companion Card, 1:1 ratio.
Railway enthusiasts will find a home at WALRPA, the volunteer organisation that operates Bennett Brook Railway.
They are always on the lookout for drivers and guards, ticket sellers and archivists, as well as engineers, mechanics and more. For all the details, simply call our Volunteer Coordinator on 9209 6000 or download the Volunteer Registration Form here .
Friends of Ashley Day
Bennett Brook Railway proudly presents two steam experience event days for the kids each year.
Held in May and September, kids can jump aboard the carriages pulled by Ashley and all her engine friends
– Fremantle, Wyndham, Betty Thompson, Rosalie and Planet! Check out the What's On section of the website for details.