This Charter outlines the standard of customer service you can expect to receive at Whiteman Park and what to do if you wish to provide feedback on the service you received. It is an expression of our commitment to provide a high standard of service that is delivered consistently. It also states your responsibilities as a customer.
Whiteman Park is dedicated to the conservation of environmental, transport and cultural heritage.
To create a world class metropolitan park that safeguards biodiversity and cultural heritage.
- To provide high quality, enjoyable visitor experiences to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- To provide public facilities in line with visitor expectations.
- To ensure that the Park is managed in a sustainable manner, for the enjoyment of future generations.
- Innovation – we enable innovation, implementing innovative approaches to the way we work to create value for our stakeholders.
- Integrity – our ethics and integrity guide our actions with every piece of land, site and opportunity to enable us to deliver great outcomes for Western Australia.
- Respect – we respect that our work is personal to our stakeholders and that every piece of land and site has a story.
- Collaboration – we engage and collaborate to build prosperous places and connected communities.
- Professionalism – our professionalism empowers us to use our specialised knowledge and skills to deliver our work to the highest standards.
What you can expect
Our Commitment to You
We will recruit passionate and enthusiastic staff and volunteers to work at Whiteman Park. We will invest in training and development to ensure that our people deliver a high standard of customer service to all our visitors.
The Visitor Experience
We will provide:
- Knowledgeable, friendly and welcoming staff and volunteers.
- Information in a format that is easy to understand and use plain English on our website, in our written publications and in our interpretive material.
- Quality visitor services: tourist attractions, facilities and amenities.
- A range of free and paid tours for your enjoyment.
- Special events and school holiday activities to meet the needs of our visitors and to encourage repeat visitation.
- Opportunities for active and passive recreation.
- Transport and environmental education experiences to highlight our main themes.
We will ensure that:
- Our tenants/leaseholders and their respective Members and Volunteers are committed to the spirit of this Charter.
- The Park is well maintained and that attractions and facilities are presented in a neat and tidy manner.
- Our staff and volunteers are easily identifiable by a uniform and/or a name badge.
We want you to:
- Support us as an attraction and participate in Whiteman Park activities.
- Be courteous and respectful to our staff and volunteers.
- Tell us if we failed to meet your expectations, so that we have an opportunity to improve our service, and work with us to resolve problems.
- Participate in visitor surveys and assist us with customer feedback following visits, tours and events.
- Enjoy this wonderful Park and tell your family and friends about us.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram, or write a review on TripAdvisor following your visit.
- Tell us when you have received excellent customer service so that we can recognize our people.
Customer Service Standards
- Respond promptly to all phone messages, emails and correspondence.
- Identify ourselves, listen carefully and be professional, helpful and polite.
- Be fair and impartial and follow through on commitments we make within identified time frames.
- Consider customers’ needs and value and encourage feedback.
- Endeavour to provide information that:
- is easy to access
- is relevant, practical, accurate, consistent; and,
- caters to senior citizens, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds.